Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Post of the New Year!

As will happen, the days turn into weeks, and the weeks months, and here we are at the start of a New Year, ready or not! The realization that the light will begin to overcome the darkness and a new spring will dawn is powerful at this time of year. The symbolism of new beginnings and the innocence of all of nature just floods the sky ways and envelopes all of the hidden voids surrounding this place we call space. It is righteous to be out on the land, and partake in this discovery that the raw energy of the planet allows this miracle of rebirth to happen year after year. The promise of all the things to come in the coming year and the willingness of nature to surrender to the caretakers of the land and become the farm that is imagined and willed from within is magical. Everywhere there is unity and purpose. I see the apple trees pruned, composted and blooming. I see the bees flying about and pollinating the blossoms. I see the branches giving way to leaves and growth. I feel the warm sun on my skin the same way the trunks of the trees feel the heat. I smell the wildflowers and grasses as they blow in the wind. Finally, I taste the first ripe Gravenstein, and savor the juicy flavor of this ambrosial fruit. Let it all unfold! I am ready for the New Year............

No comments:

Post a Comment