Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Napa Valley

Well, here I am in the world renowned and incredible grape growing region where the sun shines brightly and the chemistry for growing is magical. As I drove into the region I could see the vineyards sprawling across the hillsides, and I wondered, how amazing is this? These grapes are products of the earth just like the apples that grow on Bell Springs. The same crucial elements that support the vines also nurture the scaffolding of the trees like Gravenstein, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious and Pink Ladies. The same stars and moonlight bathe these plants every night and the same rain pours down on the Napa hillsides as in Laytonville and Leggett in Mendocino County. So while I am here, I will enjoy the beauty that reminds me of the land up that five mile gravel road that I so love.

No comments:

Post a Comment