Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter, that Magical Time

I love wintertime @ Bell Springs Road....of course I don't live there, so I don't experience the same burdens and hardships that the "year rounders" enjoy! There is a certain peace that descends upon the land and hovers over everything. The Red Tail Hawks still glide around in the upper winds searching for a meal, and the seasonal creeks gush with rain runoff, but the sounds are natural and soothing. The view out to the ocean is as glorious as ever, though mostly what I see is cloud cover. The air is brisk and chilling, but it tells me I am alive, and energetic, hoping to continue my give and take relationship with the elements. The Land is always teaching me something about myself and revealing the secrets of proper care taking. My psyche is nourished and my Spirit is filled as I wander over the hillsides. Though I need not do any work, it is a very productive time of the season.

1 comment:

  1. I know Bell Springs has that appeal -- it always nourishes and refreshes me, no matter what time of the year. Early mornings are the best --

    ReplyDelete