Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Sunday at the Farm!


We spent the whole afternoon at the apple farm today, finishing some started projects and just taking advantage of the beautiful sunny January day. It felt so much like spring, but, I won't be fooled! There are plenty of cold wintery days ahead. My traveling partner Lil was with me, and even though she is an old doggie, she so much loves the land......and she sticks right with me no matter what the project. Although, she will not ride in the tractor with me; she thinks that's just a little over the top. We reshot the barn site with the transit to make sure it is level, and all looked good. The site is close to being ready for a concrete foundation and slab. We transplanted small volunteer Italian Pines that sprouted under some trees I planted some 20 years ago near the big cement tank. So this is the first Bell Springs generation tree. I am excited because clearly they want to be here or they would not have geminated from seed. I brought up some supplies to do repair projects on the road and the cement tank later in the spring. It was good to get the materials organized, and it gets the gate open for these important improvements to occur before the growing season really begins. We stayed until just about dark.....first time this year I felt inspired to be there for every moment of daylight!

1 comment: