Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Been Awhile Since I've Been here!

I've been busy @ Bell Sprigs, just not so busy on my blog...bad, bad bad! It is important to me to describe some of the activities that are unfolding. Notice the perfect sunset to the west of the apple farm, taken by my friend Bruce.....nice job! This would be standing out on the deck in front of the living area. I have been upgrading the water system, including installing two new water tanks and replacing piping that was installed over 25 years ago. It's a big job, but when completed will not only serve the apple trees, but also supply well over 50,000 gallons of water daily in the winter time to the hydro generator that can create the necessary daily cabin power in the absence of sunlight. This has been an ongoing project, and I sincerely hope to have all in place for when the big rains come in December, and beyond. Today I am also hoping to receive delivery of up to 15 yards of base gravel for the drive way. With all the trenching that has happened, the drive way has gotten pretty muddy. That can be an ugly thing....car stuck in six inches of gooey soft clay....let's not go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment